QUICK FLEX Coupling Inserts
QUICK FLEX flexible urethane coupling inserts are resistant to most chemicals and available in four materials for varying temperature and torque needs
QUICK FLEX Coupling Insert Product Information
Whatever your application demands, you’ll find a wide range of Quick-Flex couplings designed to suit your needs. Choose from multiple insert and cover configurations that withstand some of the most extreme environments.
- Twelve sizes with bores ranging from ranging from 9.4 mm to 285 mm, 0.37 inches to 11.25 inches.
- Designed for continuous torque levels from 0.043 kNm to 188.8 kNm, 377 in-lbs to 1,670,826 in-lbs.
- Designed for peak torque levels from 0.085 kNm to 377.5 kNm, 754 in-lbs to 3,341,562 in-lbs.
- Couplings accept shaft misalignment, up to 2 degrees.
- Split cover options help resist axial separating force under high torque.
- Standard and double-ended spacer couplings available for shaft separations of 25.4 mm to 3,048 mm, 1 inch to 120 inches, for increased application acceptance.
- Four bore options available to meet customers’ needs:
1) Bored, keyed and set screws style – clearance and interference fit;
2) Bushing style; 3) Splined style; and 4) Mill motor style.
- Four insert choices for varying torque needs and temperature ranges up to 177° C (350° F).
A broad overview of the QUICK FLEX Coupling Inserts product line is summarized below. To get specific product component data, please visit the QUICK FLEX Digital Parts Catalog.
Red Insert (Standard)
The standard QUICK FLEX red insert is made from a relatively soft urethane compound. This insert is well suited for a wide range of applications. The standard insert excels in vibration dampening and cushioning of shock loads and is best for reversing applications or applications with quick starting and stopping of high-inertial loads. This insert offers an operational temperature range of -50° C to 100° C (-60° F to 212° F).
Blue Insert (High Torque)
The QUICK FLEX blue insert is made from a relatively stiff urethane compound. This insert is well suited for applications with moderate to high torque. QUICK FLEX couplings with the blue insert deliver high torque while maintaining a degree of torsional softness and the ability to dampen vibration. They are excellent replacements for gear, grid or chain-style couplings. This insert offers an operational temperature range of -50° C to 100° C (-60° F to 212° F).
Black Insert (Highest Torque)
The QUICK FLEX black insert offers the highest torque ratings of any of our inserts. This insert is well suited for very high torque applications, and QUICK FLEX couplings with a black insert are excellent replacements for gear-style couplings. This insert offers an operational temperature range of -50° C to 100° C
White Insert (High Temperature)
The QUICK FLEX white insert is made of a heat-resistant urethane compound for use in applications where heat is a concern. This insert can handle temperatures up to 177° C (350° F) and provides torque capabilities equal to our blue insert.