LC Type – Radially Removable Elastomer
- Standard L Type coupling with a snap wrap elastomer with retaining collar
- Easy Maintenance (with radially removable elastomer)
- Fail Safe – keeps working if elastomer fails (for non-fail safe see Jaw-In-Shear)
- 3,600 RPM limit
LC Type – Radially Removable Elastomer Additional Resources
Click here to access Lovejoy’s Digital Parts Catalog for LC Type components.
A full LC Type coupling is comprised of 4 components:
- 1 L Type Coupling Hub (size L090 to L225)
- 1 LC Type Coupling Hub (provides collar attachment)
- 1 Snap Wrap Center
- 1 Collar w/ screws
Note: The snap wrap flexible spider design allows for easy removal of the spider without moving the hubs, and close shaft separation all the way up to the hubs maximum bore. Maximum RPM is 1,750 RPM with the SW Type (retaining ring), or 3,600 RPM with the LC Type (with collar). Available in NBR and Urethane only (in limited sizes).
- For Standard Jaw Coupling – L Type
- For Higher Torque Radial Removable – LC Type
- For Radial Removable w/ Spacer: see RRS/RRSC Type or RRC Type
- For Non-Fail Safe Radial Removable: see Jaw-In-Shear Type
- Or, for other coupling types: see Coupling Preselection Guide
- For a dedicated article on the SW and LC jaw couplings, please see: Popular Jaw Coupling Option – The Snap Wrap Spider Limits Downtime.
- For a broad overview on Lovejoy jaw couplings, please consider reading: Jaw Coupling Overview – Features & Benefits, Design Basics, and Element Options.
- While Lovejoy jaw couplings are designed to handle a lot of abuse, the jaw coupling elastomeric spider is a wearing element that will eventually need to be replaced. To review how and why jaw couplings wear out, please read: Coupling Failure Analysis – Jaw Couplings (includes hub & spider photos).
- Estimating the life of a jaw coupling is difficult as it is application specific. To dive deeper into this question, check out: Jaw Coupling Question – “How Much Life Can I Expect Out of the Spider”.
- Lovejoy L line jaw coupling hubs through size L150 are manufactured out of sintered iron. This is a well proven technology that has been used by Lovejoy for decades and can be re-bored locally similar to other standard coupling hub materials. Should you have any further concerns, please see the following article: Can I Rebore Sintered Iron Coupling Hubs?
- And, because it has an interesting back story and is a fairly common question we get asked: What do Lovejoy jaw coupling numerical sizes stand for?
Have a coupling topic that you’d like to see covered on the CouplingAnswers.com blog? Let us know!