Curved Jaw Couplings
- No lubrication required
- No metal-to-metal contact
- Fail-safe (will still perform if elastomer fails)
- Easy installation
- Four different shore hardness urethane elastomers available
- Urethane spiders provide high abrasion resistance and elasticity, along with good damping characteristics
- Resistant to oil, dirt, sand, grease, moisture, many solvents, as well as the atmospheric effects of ozone
- Both rough stock bores and finished inch & metric bores are available
As the premier manufacturer of couplings in the world, Lovejoy offers the full line of the European standard jaw coupling. Supplied and in use around the world, Lovejoy’s curved jaw couplings can meet your every curved jaw need.
The curved jaw three-piece design incorporates a radial curvature to the jaw face, as well as both radial and axial curvature (crowning) to the elastomer (spider). This feature provides improved torsional softness and an angular misalignment capability of up to 1.3°.
The curved jaw type coupling provides highly reliable service for light, medium, and heavy duty electrical motor and internal combustion engine power transmission applications. Common applications for curved jaw type couplings include connecting power sources to pumps, gear boxes, compressors, blowers and fans, mixers, conveyors and generator sets.
- Europe’s standard shaft coupling
- Fail-safe (will still perform if elastomeric “spider” fails)
- Max Bore: 200 mm (7.63 inches)
- Max Nominal Torque: 27996 Nm (247,800 in-lbs)
- Zero backlash curved jaw coupling
- Aluminum and steel hubs available
- Four different urethane shores to choose from
- Max Bore: 75 mm (2.9381 inches)